Monday, April 13, 2009

The Intense Family



Its been about two and a half months since my Tracer VP was built, and I must say I've been more than pleased every time I ride it, or get compliments, or hear people talking about it as I ride by. I guess Pride is a great word to say how I feel about the bike. The company though has made more of an impression of almost family like to me. I owned a Gary Fisher Hardtail as my first bike. Loved it, got what I payed for and then some. Had some great experiences with Trek/ Fisher, but they never felt like Intense has since I started building the Tracer VP. One thing I appreciate is Mr. Intense (Jeff Steber) and his dedication and passion to his product. I had some troubles with the lover pivot bolt when I first recieved my frame. Jeff emailed me personally asking for my information so he could send me the bolt I needed. I was floored. I spoke with the owner, designer, and mind behind my bike and the company. I didn't think customer service got better than that. But later Intense Cycles proved me even more wrong.

I had taken off a week from work in April '09, which in my current career translates to 3 weeks off. I couldn't be more happy. I had planned for about 6 months to take April off so I could enjoy one of the best months where I currently live, Moab. My friends had even planned to come down and ride for a week. It doesn't get much better than that. Riding with my friends on Amasa back one person happened to break her rear der. hanger. So after the ride and some single speed rigging to the bike we brought it back to the shop to get some repairs. While waiting for the bike I noticed I guy had come into the shop and he started talking to one of the Mechanics. He had on a lot of Intense Cycle clothing. This caught my eye immediately. Then I noticed the Intense Demo Truck out front, and before I knew it I was talking to Kevin from Intense Cycles about the new Uzzi VP and My Tracer VP. Even better he was coming on a ride with Myself and my friends. I was Lucky enough to spend the next day talking, riding, and chilling with Kevin. We talked about Intense as a business and whats to come, he also talked to me about some things I could do to upgrade an already awesome bike build, and on top of it all, I was able to ride the Intense Uzzi VP down Porcupine Rim. I was Amazed.

So when it really comes down to it Intense is unlike most bike companies I've dealt with. There is something to be said about a company who is so committed to their product, building it by hand, and having their production done in the US, not shipped over to Taiwan. If you want to build a real bike, and have a company with true values backing their product. Build Intense, and never look back.

No comments: